My favorite meal is definitely breakfast. Maybe it’s because I don’t usually have it as it ought to be during the week or maybe because I have the option to choose between a savory or sweet meal. Regardless, when the weekend comes I look forward to our time together.
When I do crave a sweet breakfast I tend to go with something that also has fruit. One of the most satisfying and most drool-generating options is French Toast with berries. Not only is it super easy, but you can play around with it and add all kind of fun things like papaya, strawberries, bananas, coconut flakes (that combo has been tried and it’s amazing!) blueberries, raspberries and strawberries with some powdered sugar (pictured), chocolate chips and strawberries, dulce de leche instead of maple syrup, etc. Have fun with it! Another interesting way to change up your version is by using different types of bread. I personally love Challah bread because it’s soft and my toast ends up slightly crispy on the outside but super moist on the inside. Optional: serving it with a side of bacon or your favorite kind of sausage will add that salty flavor in case you crave it after a few bits of sweetness and it will balance the flavors in a way your taste buds will love you for!
What I use to make this delight:
- Challah bread
- Eggs- mixed (just enough to dip your bread)
- Vanilla-bourbon extract (I find this a Trader Joe’s and add 1 tsp it to my egg mixture)
- Strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
- Powdered sugar (also called confectioner’s sugar)
- Organic Grade A Maple syrup (never ruin your meal with dangerous-sugar-filled tables syrups)
- A cup of hot coffee (oh wait! that’s just me envisioning my weekend morning…aah. While this is optional, it is totally recommended!).